Wednesday, February 20, 2013

MY FLIP BOOK


http://goo.gl/eO4Do




The flipbook assignment.

Over all I was pleased with my flipbook. I did the frame-by-frame animation on an Ipad and most people in the class seemed think that was the smart way of making a flipbook.  The flipbook was not easier to make, nor, was it less time consuming, however, I do believe it had a higher production value. Many people struggle with being able to see through the paper in order to line up their animation precisely.  

Viewing other people flipbooks it was hard to tell which side was up or down or what was the subject matter on some flipbooks .  Drawing digital make for a clearer picture but it has its drawbacks.  With the Animator app from the Itunes app store it allows you to see the previous frame in order to line up your next frame, this of course has it advantages. Another problem drawing with something electronically is of course the consumption of power and the fact the battery dose run out, which happened right before I was going to email the assignment.
Another thing I did not like was I really could not get precise with my fat finger to make detail drawings, which to me, took away from the over all look.  I believe drawing on an Ipad still has a ways to come before it will feel like traditional pencil and paper.

Critique VS Criticized.
It was nice to give and get positive feed back. Personally I thought I was in trouble for drawing my flipbook on an Ipad but then again, this is an Art and Technology course right?  And what better way to express that then using technology to make art.
 I produced music all the time an I think our worst critic are ourselves I think people are just really hard on each other and it was nice to see that we can have an engaging class environment that allows us to express our art and give constructive criticism to better ourselves and classmates.         

No comments:

Post a Comment